KABLOONAS

KABLOONAS
Burial of John Franklin. Author: me

KABLOONAS

Kabloonas is the way in which the Inuit who live in the north part of Canada call those who haven´t their same ascendency.

The first time i read this word was in the book "Fatal Passage" by Ken McGoogan, when, as the result of the conversations between John Rae and some inuit, and trying to find any evidence of the ill-fated Sir John Franklin Expedition, some of then mentioned that they watched how some kabloonas walked to die in the proximities of the river Great Fish.

I wish to publish this blog to order and share all those anecdotes that I´ve been finding in the arctic literature about arctic expeditions. My interest began more than 15 years ago reading a little book of my brother about north and south pole expeditions. I began reading almost all the bibliography about Antarctic expeditions and the superknown expeditions of Scott, Amundsen, Shackleton, etc. After I was captured by the Nansen, Nobile and Engineer Andree. But the most disturbing thing in that little book, full of pictures, was the two pages dedicated to the last Franklin expedition of the S.XIX, on that moment I thought that given the time on which this and others expeditions happened, few or any additional information could be obtained about it. I couldn´t imagine that after those two pages It would be a huge iceberg full of stories, unresolved misteries, anecdotes, etc. I believe that this iceberg, on the contrary than others, would continue growing instead melting.



miércoles, 11 de julio de 2012

EREBUS, LA PELÍCULA/ EREBUS, THE FILM

Por fín tenemos una película, pero me temo que no es histórica. Aunque puede ser divertida. Además trabaja el famoso actor de películas de terror Michael Berryman.
Michael Berryman

La película se llama: EREBUS,

Después de la novela de Dan Simons "The Terror" aparece esta película justo con el nombre del otro buque, aunque no he sido capaz de dilucidar cual es la relación exacta con el barco de la expedición de Franklin, no deja de ser curioso, y los carteles están muy bien. 

Seguiremos esperando a que alguien se anime a llevar la expedición perdida de Franklin a la gran pantalla. Cada vez que veo las nuevas películas de Sherlock Holmes no dejo de pensar en como quedaría ambientada una película hecha con los medios actuales.

At last we have a film, but I am afraid that it isn´t an historical one. Although i think that it could be funny. Besides, on it works the famous actor of terror films Michael Berryman

The film is called:EREBUS

After the novel "The Terror" by Dan Simons" appears this film just with the name of the other ship, although I haven´t been able to discover the exact conection between the script and the Franklin expedition ship, I think that the film is curious, and the posters of it are very good.

We will be waiting till someone wants to bring the Franklin lost expedition to the big screen. Each time I watch the new Sherlock Holmes films I can´t avoid thinking on how would be a movie about Franklin using the same technological means and using a similar enviroment.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario